THE SAFE USE OF HANDHELD (ANGLE) GRINDERS
To provide the workforce with the hands on skills and knowledge of using handheld (angle) grinders safely.
Delegates will need to have previously attended the Abrasive Wheels course.
Lecture notes and audio/visual presentation.
Visual assessment when using the equipment.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a NETA certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Correctly select the appropriate PPE
- Carry out inspection of the equipment
- Safe start up and shutdown of equipment
- Use the equipment correctly and safely
- Understand the fire risks involved in the use of grinders
- Understand the risks involved to themselves and others in the use of grinders
- Inspection of the equipment
- The hazards associated with the use of grinding/cutting discs and precautions that should be observed
- Start up and shutdown of equipment
- Using grinding/cutting discs correctly
- How to stand and hold a grinder correctly
- Selecting the correct PPE
- Assessment of work area before grinding i.e. fire risks, risk of injury to others
- Fire Risks
- Grinding and cutting activities
- Plate preparation
- Removing material by grinding
- Cutting material