CISRS SCAFFOLDING MANAGER AND SUPERVISOR REFRESHER COURSE (SMST)
This course is for Scaffolding Managers and Supervisors who require renewal of their CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor card. It aims to review the core management skills required to effectively supervise scaffold operations.
You should either hold a current or recently expired CISRS Supervisor/Manager card or hold a current SMSTS certificate AND a current CISRS Scaffolder or Advanced card.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed during the booking stage to ensure we can best accommodate your needs.
A combination of case studies, course projects and presentations.
Continual assessment and multiple-choice test.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a CISRS certificate produced by NETA. The certificate will be sent directly to the delegate or their sponsor company. NETA will apply for the relevant card upon successful completion of the CISRS SMST Refresher using the delegates Managers and Professionals Health, Safety and Environment Test (MAP) or recognized exemption through the CWA system.
Delegates must wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during the practical aspects of the course. Delegates will be required to provide:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Boots
- High visibility vest or overalls (optional)
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
CISRS Scaffold Management and Supervisory cards last for 5 years and card holders will be required to attend a 2 day refresher of this course on a five yearly cycle prior or recently after expiration of their card.
Please note that that MAP Health, Safety and Environment tests are valid for 2 years from the pass date and therefore holding a valid CISRS card does not necessarily mean that your Health & Safety is still valid.
At the conclusion of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of managing the health, safety and welfare of scaffolding operations in compliance with statutory regulations
- Effectively carry out scaffolding related risk assessments
- Compile scaffolding related Method Statements
- Understand scaffold estimating principles
- Understand how to effectively plan, supervise and control scaffolding operations
- Understand the requirements for the inspection of scaffolds and the appropriate recording techniques
- General responsibilities
- Delivery of safety ‘toolbox talk’
- Relevant regulations and Codes of Practice
- NASC Guidance Notes
- TG20 – Overview
- Work at Height, SG4 & Rescue – Overview
- Scaffold Inspection & Handover
- BSEN 13374 – Overview
- BS 5975:2008 Temporary Works Procedures
- Competence – CISRS Scheme
- Risk assessment (inc. practical exercise)
- Method statement (inc. practical exercise)
- Manual handling in the scaffolding industry
- RIDDOR and Accident Reporting (inc. practical exercise)
- Behavioural safety overview