SMALL BORE TUBING TSBT01 TECHNICAL TEST – ASSEMBLE AND INSTALL SMALL BORE TUBING ASSEMBLIES – TWIN FERRULE
ECITB approved Technical test including a theory test and a practical task
TSBT01 – SMALL BORE TUBING – Assemble and install small bore tubing assemblies
The candidate will be expected to:
- Read and follow the P&ID and specification sheet.
- Develop a plan for the task.
- Identify length of tube required for the SBT assembly.
- Select and use the correct specification of SBT.
- Select and check whether the fittings required are imperial or metric.
- Check fitting are suitable for the assembly.
- Plan the fabrication of the SBT assembly including the use of strut.
- Fabricate and assemble the SBT assembly including clamps and strut.
- Inspect the completed assembly using manufacturer’s gauges.
This is primarily a planning, fabrication and install test
No time limit but as a guide, 3 – 4 hours should be sufficient.
Technical Test Pre-Requisite
In order to complete the TSBT technical test, delegates must have completed the stage 1 training which is the:
- SBT01 – Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing with Twin Ferrule Mechanical Grip Fittings
Delegates will also need to complete stage 2 workplace training. They must have completed the ECITB Work Based Task Assignment log-books giving evidence of on the job experience. The workbooks must be signed off by a supervisor, line manager or a person with responsibility for the final approval and quality assurance for the relevant tasks.
Please Note: ECITB SBT Approved Course ‘Training Certificates’ which are received upon successful completion of SBT01 are valid for a 12-month period only for Stage 3 technical testing application purposes. These certificates must also be supported by Stage 2 ECITB SBT ‘work based task assignment(s)’ completed within the same 12-month period. If the 12-month training to technical testing period elapses, the full SBT process must be attended again from Stage 1.
The TSBT certificates are valid for 3 years.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a TSBT01 ECITB Certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk