To supply delegates with the skills and knowledge required to successfully carry out a pressure test.
Delegates must have a proven craft background.
Lecture notes, audio/visual presentation and practical demonstrations.
One to one assessment using practical demonstrations.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive NETA certificate of attendance.
Please Note: NETA certificates have an advised expiry of 3 years from date of issue.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Prepare for a pressure test
- Carry out a pressure test
- Depressurize a system
- React in a safe and controlled manner in the event of a leak
- Know the equipment requirements in carrying out a pressure test
Primarily a hydro-static testing course but we do discuss the increased inherent hazards associated with pneumatic testing compared to hydro-testing
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Management of HASAWA
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)
- Pressure Systems Regulations
- Unintentional Release of Pressure
- Manual Handling
- Pressure Equipment Directive
- Safety in Fluid Power Systems
- Theory and practical aspects of pressure testing
- Common thread descriptions, BSPP, BSPT, NPT
Testing with Different Mediums
- Advantages/disadvantages of different types of test medium
- Overview of various types of test and why they are required
- Legal requirements and best practices
- Prepare and perform a hydro-static pressure test