MANUAL HANDLING (1 day)
To give delegates information on Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended) and to make them aware of accidents/injuries that can occur whilst handling or moving materials and objects.
No previous experience required.
Lecture notes and audio visual presentation.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a NETA certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On completion of the course the delegate will be capable of:
- Understanding the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Understanding/interpreting the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended).
- Carrying out Manual Handling Assessments (MAC Assessment tool).
- Completing MAC documentation.
- Identifying alternative methods of lifting and moving objects.
- Lifting and moving objects using correct methods.
- Identifying injuries associated with lifting and moving objects.
- Use correct lifting techniques.
- Health and Safety Legislation
- The manual handling problem
- The human and financial cost of accidents
- Causes of back problems – on and off site
- Common injuries associated with poor manual handling
- Manual handling operation regulations
- Employer / employee duties
- The manual handling assessment chart (MAC)
- Manual handling assessment (practical)