SAFE ISOLATION OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS (CPD)
To ensure learners are fully aware of and are able to put in to practice the industry Safe Working Procedure for the Isolation of Electrical Supplies.
None, but candidates should be working within the wider building services industry and have a knowledge of electrical installations.
Lecture notes and audiovisual presentation. Practical demonstrations/participation.
The learner will be assessed by a written and practical test in line with the scheme requirements.
On successful completion of the course, candidates will receive an LCL Awards certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, learners will be able to demonstrate competence in the following:
- Undertake safe electrical isolation of low voltage systems/equipment as installed in domestic, light commercial and some industrial locations.
- Overview and relevance of the low voltage safety rules, reference to the statutory regulations
- Associated procedures, basic risk assessment and documentation prior to isolation
- Types of isolating devices
- Methods of secure isolation
- Proving or verifying the isolation
- Controlling isolation
- Removing an isolation and returning a system to normal operation
- Visual assessment of the electrical equipment (Equipment, Appliance, Cables and Protective Devices).
- Recommendations regarding electrical test equipment
- Appropriate tools and PPE
- The inherent dangers posed by electric energy