LEGIONELLA AND WATER TREATMENT FOR MANAGERS AND OPERATIVES
To provide managers, operatives, duty holders including employers and those with Health and Safety Responsibilities with the relevant information to help them comply with their legal duties.
Candidates should ideally have had previous work experience in trades associated with the construction industry.
1 day (½ day training and ½ assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic plumbing installations.
The learner will be assessed by a written and practical test in line with the scheme requirements.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a Logic certificate and identification card.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
- Understanding Legionella Disease
- Understanding what the law states
- Understanding risk assessment
- Understanding relevant areas of the Water Regulations
- Understanding the dangers associated with hot and cold water services, solar hot water supply and spa pools
- Understanding the disinfection and treatments required
- The background to Legionnaires Disease
- What is the Legionella Bacteria
- Where and how does it multiply
- How is it spread and contracted
- How to comply to the law
- Duties, obligations and records
- Assessing risk
- Controlling and reducing risk
- Methods of Treatment
- Prevention and disinfection
- Record keeping