Hot Water Safety Systems (HWSS)
This training and assessment is designed to test the competence of operatives working in the installation and maintenance of unvented hot water systems.
Ideally candidates will have some plumbing experience. Those candidates wishing to work with gas fired equipment will also require the appropriate qualification for the industry i.e. ACS certification.
1 day (½ day training and ½ day assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and models.
The learner will be assessed by a written and practical test in line with ACS accreditation.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a Logic HWSS certificate and identification card.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- The various forms of domestic hot water systems for dwellings, small public buildings, small industrial and commercial premises
- Methods of protecting unvented bulk storage domestic hot water units from excessive pressure and excessive temperature
- Purpose of unvented bulk storage domestic hot water systems Installation requirements
- Working principles of the system
- Commissioning and testing
- Sources of reference, statutory requirements and codes of practice relating to the installation of unvented bulk storage domestic hot water systems
- Common faults and corrective and preventative measures
- Various types of unvented domestic hot water systems
- Purpose and functional requirements of sealed hot water heating systems
- Working principles of the various type of domestic hot water systems
- Location application and purpose of various components, their working principles and installation requirements
Understand the implications of:
- Building Regulation G3
- British Standard 6700
- Manufactures instructions
- On the safe use of domestic hot water systems