Gas Fires & Wall Heaters (HTR:1)
To provide operatives with knowledge and skill relating to installation, exchange, disconnection service and repair of domestic gas fires and wall heaters.
Candidates must hold a current certificate of competence in Core Domestic Gas Safety and CPA1 before they can undertake this assessment.
1 day (½ day training and ½ day assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and models.
The learner will be assessed by a written and practical test in line with ACS scheme requirements.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive HTR:1 Gas Fires and Wall Heaters certification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Check open flue system
- Install radiant type appliances
- Install inset type appliances
- Install balanced / fan assisted type appliances
- Service and identify faults on Radiant and Inset type appliances
- Gas safety regulations, British Standards and manufacturer’s instructions
- Installation requirements, suitable positions, suitable connections
- Operation of safety components and controls
- Appliance servicing
- Recognition of appliance defects
- Ventilation requirements
- Flue, chimney testing and terminal positions
- Fuel bed arrangements
- Appliance commissioning checks