Domestic Medium Pressure regulators (REGT:1)
To provide operatives with knowledge and skills relating to the installation and commissioning of medium pressure regulators.
Candidates must hold a current certificate of competence in Core Domestic Gas Safety before they can undertake the REGT:1
1 day (½ day training and ½ day assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and regulator sets.
Written and practical test in line with ACS scheme requirements.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive REGT:1 Medium Pressure Regulator certification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- The safe installation, removal and exchange of regulators
- Checking / setting meter regulation using suitable test apparatus
- Emergency notices and warning labels
- Sealing of regulators and positioning of emergency control valves
- Fitting, testing and commissioning of medium pressure regulators and valves (Pressures greater than 75 millibar)
- Gas safety regulations, British Standards and manufacturer’s Instructions
- Design, terminology and types of regulators
- Installation requirements, suitable positions, suitable connections for regulators
- Labels and notices
- Meter regulators, operation and checking, testing apparatus
- Strength testing, tightness testing and purging of regulator installations