Testing & Purging Small Scale (TPCP:1A)
To provide operatives with the knowledge and skills to safely carry out soundness testing and purging in accordance with the procedures laid down in The Institution of Gas Engineers Utilisation Procedure IGE/UP/1A.
Candidates must hold a current certificate of competence in Core Commercial Gas Safety (COCN:1) before they can undertake this assessment.
2 days (1 day training and 1 day assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and models.
The learner will be assessed by a written and practical test in line with ACS accreditation.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive TPCP:1A qualification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Tightness testing new pipework installation
- Tightness testing existing pipework installation
- Direct purging of both new and existing pipework installations
- Installation survey and calculation of systems volumes
- Calculation of smallest occupied space (existing installations only)
- Determine maximum allowable pressure drop
- Determine test pressure
- Determine test period and let by test period
- Tightness testing procedures new and existing
- Completion of soundness testing certificate
- Planning the purge
- Calculate the purging volumes
- Determine the flow rate
- Selection of a safe purging area including purging into occupied spaces
- Safe levels for vent gases
- Calculation of maximum purge time
- Purging procedures – direct only
- Completion of purging records