COMPEX HAZARDOUS AREA REFRESHER
To update and refresh knowledge and skills of electrical and instrument apparatus within potentially explosive gas atmospheres.
The programme requires that personnel registering for a Refresher courses are recommended to have worked regularly in the industry during the previous five years, come prepared having done some ‘Self Study Revision Work’ and can gland, terminate, inspect and test a variety of cables / equipment. They must have a valid CompEX certificate for the corresponding units to be refreshed.
Please note: Should a certificate state the reference RNC or a company’s name, eligibility to attend a refresher must be checked with the Sales Team before booking.
If in any doubt whatsoever that your qualifications do not satisfy the pre requisite criteria please place a query with the sales team on enquiry if possible. By booking you are stating that you meet the pre requisites.
Lecture notes, audio-visual presentation, demonstrations and practical exercises.
A multi-choice paper and practical assessment on an installation simulator.
On successful completion of the CompEx Refresher and Update course and competence validation tests, delegates will be awarded a renewal certificate of competency along with ID card from JT Ltd. In the instance of failure of any component of the competence validation tests, a letter of failure will be issued and a refresher re-sit will need to be booked. All results are issued by JTL, and are not available to NETA. Waiting time for certification/results is dependent on JTL workloads.
Please note: The CompEx Certificate of Core Competence is valid for 5 years from the date of issue and must be refreshed before expiry. JTL recommend that delegates attend the refresher at least 3 months prior to expiry to avoid a gap in certification and the risk of having to sit the full 5 day course to gain certification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk.
On successful completion of the course assessment the delegate will have an understanding of:
- Ex01R – Installation practices for Ex ‘d’ ‘e’ ‘n’ and ‘p’ apparatus
- Ex02R – Inspection and maintenance for Ex ‘d’ ‘e’ ‘n’ and ‘p’ apparatus
- Ex03R – Installation practices for Intrinsically Safe Circuits
- Ex04R – Inspectional and Maintenance for Intrinsically Safe Circuits
A summary of the course content as follows:
- Zoning and installation to BS EN 60079-10 and 60079-14 Standards
- Selection of apparatus, certification and updates in labelling references
- Protection from dangerous (incendiary) sparking
- Electrical protection with reference to explosion protected apparatus and circuits
- Emergency switch-off and electrical isolation
- Wiring systems and cable glanding
- Requirements for protection Ex’d’, Ex’e’, Ex’n’ (‘N’), Ex’i’, Ex’p’ and Hybrids
- Earthing practices for intrinsic safety and non-intrinsic safety
- Inspection and Maintenance – General requirements
- Inspection schedules for protection methods Ex’d’, Ex’e’, Ex’n’ (‘N’), Ex’i’, Ex’p’
- Initial, periodic and sample types of inspection and their practical significance
- Preparation and use of inspection and maintenance checklists to BS IEC schedules
Competency assessment will be in the form of written questions and competency projects comprising:
- EX01R – Installation practices for Exd, Exe, Exn and Exp apparatus
- EX02R – Inspection and maintenance for Exd, Exe, Exn and Exp apparatus
- EX03R – Installation practices for Exia, Exib and Exic apparatus
- EX04R – Inspection and maintenance for Exia, Exib and Exic apparatus