ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION CITY & GUILDS 2919 – 01
To provide a working knowledge for the installation of Domestic and on Street vehicle charging point installations.
Delegates are required to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age 18 years old (mandatory)
- Be able to correctly install and terminate pvc / pvc cable (twin and earth) and steel wire armoured cable (swa)
- Be able to carry out an initial verification (inspection and testing) on an electrical installation and complete the necessary paperwork.
Please Note: These competencies are required for the assessment and are not taught as part of the course.
- It is recommended that you are up to date with your 18th edition wiring regulations
To Register with Manufacturer to become an Installer
If you want to become an approved installer you have to register with a manufacturer i.e. Rolec. To receive the pack from NETA to register you need to have your 2391 and 18th Edition Qualifications
Audio-visual presentation, IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671 and equipment samples
Candidates will be issued with a copy of Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installations 3rd Edition. (ISBN978-1-78561-680-8).
- 1 hour open book 40 question City & Guilds evolve online examination
- 3 hour practical installation including inspection and testing of installations and completion of relevant paperwork
Candidates will be required to produce photographic ID on the first day, in order to sit the on line exam and undertake the practical assessment.
On successful completion of the on line and practical assessment, the candidate will receive a City and Guilds 2919 certificate
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On completion of the training course, delegates should be able to:
- Understand the installation of domestic EV outlets
- Understand the requirements of the Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment` Installations
- Complete both the Inspection and Testing BS 7671 forms as well as the checklist for domestic dwellings as set out in the COP
- Understand the updated Section 722 Regulation
- Installation of domestic electric vehicle outlets
- Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installations
- Inspection and Testing BS 7671 forms
- Section 722 Regulation update