Plate Welding Course
To provide training for an individual to achieve an agreed standard of welding in both fillet and/or butt welding of plate material using the required processes.
The delegate will preferably have an understanding of the welding process and have ideally undertaken a feasibility test to determine their ability and how much training they require to attain the required standard.
The duration of this course will be dependent upon the delegate’s ability.
Delegates can be integrated onto training courses as required.
Lecture notes and practical demonstrations.
Assessment will be as agreed between NETA and the individual or sponsoring company.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a NETA certificate. The certificate will be sent directly to the delegate or their sponsor company.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Use the equipment safely and correctly
- Weld fillet and/or butt joints in a variety of positions
- Select the correct consumables
- Select the correct polarity
- Recognise faults associated with the process
- Understand joint geometry and basic weld metallurgy
Introduction to Centre
- Domestic and safety arrangements
- Safety equipment and clothing
Hazards associated with the welding processes in relation to:
- The operator
The Use Of:
- Safety equipment
- Protective clothing
Introduction of the Process
- Including the safe set up of equipment
- Types of electrodes
- Types of filler wires
- Types of gases
- Storage of consumables
- Fillet joint configuration
- Butt joint configuration
- Using the equipment to weld plate in a variety of positions in both Butt and Fillet weld configurations
- The course can be tailored to an individual or company’s requirements.