CISRS Scaffolding Management & Supervisory Refresher Training (SMST)
To provide delegates with supervisory knowledge and management skill updates that are tailored to the contract scaffolding industry.
Existing supervisors or managers with existing CISRS Supervisor Cards that are due or approaching 5 year expiry.
Lecture notes and audio/visual presentation.
Delegates are required to sit a written test and undertake projects which contributes to the overall assessment.
Please note: A 2 day renewal course is required every five years.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a CISRS certificate produced by NETA. The certificate will be sent directly to the delegate or their sponsor company. NETA will apply for the relevant card on successful completion of the CISRS SMST Refresher using the delegates Heath, Safety and Environment Test or recognised exemption through the CWA system.
Delegates must wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during the practical aspects of the course. Delegates will be required to provide:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Boots
- High visibility vest or overalls (optional)
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of managing the health, safety and welfare of scaffolding operations in compliance with statutory regulations
- Effectively carry out scaffolding related Risk Assessments
- Compile scaffolding related Method Statements
- Understand how to effectively plan, supervise and control scaffolding operations
- Understand the requirements for the inspection of scaffolds and the appropriate recording techniques
- Welcome and Introductions
- Course Content, Aims, and Objectives
Health and Safety
- Legal Overview – Health and Safety Law
- Health and Safety Management
- HSE ACOP’s and Guidance
- British and European Standards
- NASC Safety and Technical Guidance
- TG20:13 and SG4:15 Appreciation
- Asbestos Awareness
- Planning and Organisation
- Materials and Logistics
- Competence and Allocating Duties
- Effective Supervision
- Statutory Scaffold Inspections and Inspection Practices
- Behavioural Safety Overview
- Effective Communication