CISRS Scaffolding Management & Supervisory Refresher Training (SMST)
To provide delegates with supervisory knowledge and management skill updates that are tailored to the contract scaffolding industry.
CISRS SMST – This course is for Scaffolders and other personnel who are responsible for the supervision and management of scaffolding operations onsite. On completion NETA will apply for the CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor card.
For the SMST course the delegate will be required to have an up to date CITB Supervisor Health, Safety & Environment test or one of the exemptions below. If you are using an exemption, NETA will require a copy of this prior to your booking.
- Current CCNSG Leading a Team Safely
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (Taken within 2 years of application)
- SSSTS or SMSTS (Taken within 2 years of application)
- IOSH Managing Safely/IOSH Directing Safely (Taken within 2 years of application)
The delegate is required to hold one of the following cards:
- CISRS Basic Scaffolder
- CISRS Advanced Scaffolder
Copies of the card will need to be provided before a booking can be made.
If the delegate does not hold any of the CISRS Cards mentioned in Route 1 the delegate is required to have the following Job Role or verifiable experience in the industry. They will need to submit a CV and Employer Letterhead confirming awareness and experience.
Job Roles acceptable for the course are:
- Scaffold Designer
- Contracts Manager
If the delegate does not meet any of the above criteria unfortunately not be able to attend this course. A CV and Letterhead will need to be provided before a booking can be made.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed during the booking stage to ensure we can best accommodate your needs.
Lecture notes and audio/visual presentation.
Delegates are required to sit a written test and undertake projects which contributes to the overall assessment.
Please note: A 2 day renewal course is required every five years.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a CISRS certificate produced by NETA. The certificate will be sent directly to the delegate or their sponsor company. NETA will apply for the relevant card on successful completion of the CISRS SMST Refresher using the delegates Heath, Safety and Environment Test or recognised exemption through the CWA system.
Delegates must wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during the practical aspects of the course. Delegates will be required to provide:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Boots
- High visibility vest or overalls (optional)
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of managing the health, safety and welfare of scaffolding operations in compliance with statutory regulations
- Effectively carry out scaffolding related Risk Assessments
- Compile scaffolding related Method Statements
- Understand how to effectively plan, supervise and control scaffolding operations
- Understand the requirements for the inspection of scaffolds and the appropriate recording techniques
- Welcome and Introductions
- Course Content, Aims, and Objectives
Health and Safety
- Legal Overview – Health and Safety Law
- Health and Safety Management
- HSE ACOP’s and Guidance
- British and European Standards
- NASC Safety and Technical Guidance
- TG20:13 and SG4:15 Appreciation
- Asbestos Awareness
- Planning and Organisation
- Materials and Logistics
- Competence and Allocating Duties
- Effective Supervision
- Statutory Scaffold Inspections and Inspection Practices
- Behavioural Safety Overview
- Effective Communication