RIGGING REFRESHER COURSE
To refresh and update the knowledge of Rigging Personnel using the current relevant Rigging Regulations and Practices of the Construction Industry.
Previous knowledge of Rigging Techniques.
As required by the client, dependent upon the delegate’s experience.
6 – 12 persons.
Lecture notes and audio visual presentation.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a NETA certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of the course delegates will have an understanding of:
- The Rigging Regulations and Practices of the Construction Industry
- Working knowledge of the correct lifting equipment used in various lifting techniques
- Selecting and using slings including chains, wire rope and synthetics
- Working knowledge in the use of lifting and rigging equipment for out of balance loads
- Simple calculations used in lifting and rigging
- The document control required for lifting equipment
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- LOLER and PUWER
- Statutory Instruments
- General Site Safety
- Documentation Control
- Test Certificates
- Application of winches, cranes, pull lifts etc.
- Use of chains, wire ropes etc.
- Use of calculations to determine safe working loads and tensional factors.
- Common errors highlighted in the use and selection of lifting gear and equipment.
- Various types of lifting i.e. Tandem, out of balance loads, etc.
Question and Answer – Covering Objectives