LIFTING EQUIPMENT & LIFTING ACCESSORIES INSPECTION COURSE (LIFTING GEAR INSPECTION)
The aim of this course is to train employees on the safe use and inspection of equipment prior to use within their role; this is not a course, which would qualify an employee to undertake inspections on the company equipment on behalf of the company for insurance purposes.
Knowledge of lifting and slinging equipment is required.
Lecture notes, audio-visual presentation, handouts and practical demonstrations.
Written test and practical demonstration.
On successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a NETA certificate.
Please Note: NETA certificates have an advised expiry of 3 years from date of issue.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On completion of the course, the delegate will:
- Be aware of current legislation and safety regulations as they apply to lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Be able to understand the identification and correct use of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Be able to recognise visual defect and/or weakness of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Be familiar in methods of control, maintenance and storage of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Be capable of implementing the criteria for the rejection of faulty lifting equipment and lifting accessories.
- Health & Safety At Work Act 1974
- LOLER & PUWER
- Management of Health & Safety At Work Regulations 1992
- Registers and records of inspection for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Test certificates
- Recognition of visual defects and weaknesses in lifting equipment and lifting accessories and the effect on the SWL of same
- Implementation of the criteria for rejection of faulty lifting equipment and lifting accessories
Lifting Equipment and Accessories
Understanding the usage and possible defects in:
- Wire rope
- Synthetic slings
- Fibre ropes
- Beam clamps
- Plate grabs
- Chain hoists
- Wire rope winches
- Beam trolleys
- Rigging screws
Proof Lead Test and Safety Factors on Lifting Equipment
- Safe handling and storage of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Re-cap and general discussion
End of Course Assessment Test