To provide the delegate with an understanding of the main types of pumping units and the skills required to carry out the mechanical maintenance.
3 or 5 days.
Please note: On the 3 day course, the material is not covered in as much detail and there is less opportunity for practical training. If you require more in depth training, please request the 5 day course.
Lecture notes, audio/visual presentation, practical exercises and demonstrations.
Written and practical assessment.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive NETA certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the basic differences between pumps
- Dismantle and identify faults
- Repair and rectify faults
- Types of Centrifugal Pumps
- Split Case Pumps
- Submersible Pumps
- Recognition of Centrifugal Pumps and Split Case Pumps
- Diagnosing pump issues
- Trouble shooting/fault finding
- Hydraulic issues
- Pump Characteristics
- Maintenance of Equipment
- Disassembly, clearing & Inspection
- Casing wear, ring clearance and shaft inspection
- Reassembly of Centrifugal Pumps (5 day only)
- Pump packing replacement
- Installation of mechanical seal selection
- Alignment Methods