TMJI 10: HAND TORQUE (FLANGED JOINTS), TMJI 11: HAND TORQUE (CLAMP JOINTS)
ECITB approved Technical test including a theory test and a practical task (s)
TJI10: Hand Torque Flanged Joints
- Successfully use the appropriate tools and equipment to dismantle, inspect flanges and report faults, prepare, assemble and secure a flanged pipework joint as per the specified drawing and within set tolerances.
TMJI11: Hand Torque Clamp
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment to dismantle, inspect clamp connector components and report faults, prepare, assemble and secure a clamp connector joint as per the specified drawing and within set tolerances.
No time limit but as a guide, 3 – 4 hours for each TMJI should be more than sufficient.
In order to complete all TMJI modules, delegates must have completed all stage 1 training which includes:
- MJI10: Hand Torque Bolted Connection Techniques
- MJI18: Hydraulic Tension Bolted Connection Techniques
- MJI19: Hydraulic Torque Bolted Connection Techniques
Delegates will also need to complete stage 2 workplace training. They must have completed the ECITB Work Based Task Assignment log-books giving evidence of on the job experience. The workbooks must be signed off by a supervisor, line manager or a person with responsibility for the final approval and quality assurance for the relevant tasks.
Please Note: ECITB MJI Approved Course ‘Training Certificates’ which are received upon successful completion of MJI10, MJI18 and/or MJI19 are valid for a 12-month period only for Stage 3 technical testing application purposes. These certificates must also be supported by Stage 2 ECITB MJI ‘work based task assignment(s)’ completed within the same 12-month period. If the 12-month training to technical testing period elapses, the full MJI process must be attended again from Stage 1.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a TMJI ECITB Certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk