MECHANICAL JOINT INTEGRITY HYDRAULICALLY TENSIONED BOLTED CONNECTION TECHNIQUES MJI 18
To focus delegates on Mechanical Joint Integrity and the adoption of best practice in ensuring a leak-free ‘right first time’ joint using hydraulically tensioned bolted connection techniques.
Basic working knowledge of the principles and practice of piping/flanged systems
Lecture notes, audio/visual presentations, examples of tools, flanges, gaskets, bolts and interactive practical demonstrations.
Practical exercises and a written test.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive an ECITB Certificate in Mechanical Joint Integrity Hydraulically Tensioned Bolted Connection Techniques (MJI 18).
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of Hydraulically Tensioned Bolted Connection Techniques, delegates will be able to:
- Explain how to ensure intended task confirms to intended specifications, methods, process, techniques and procedures
- Dismantle hydraulically tensioned bolted connection systems
- Remove components from hydraulically tensioned bolted connection systems
- Replace components in hydraulically tensioned bolted connection systems
- Assemble, secure and hydraulically tension bolted connections
- Verify the integrity of the assembled joint
- Health and Safety in Bolted Assembly / Disassembly
- Principles of Bolting
- Principles of Flanges
- Principles of Mechanical Seals
- Principles of Industrial Fasteners
- Principles of Compact Flanges
- Bolted Joint Assembly using Bolt Tensioning Equipment
- Stage 1 – MJI 10, 18 & 19 Training (In Centre Training)
- Stage 2 – Work Place Practice (Consolidation period of 3 to 12 months to complete Work Based Task Assignment)
- Stage 3 – Technical Tests (formal assessment of knowledge, skills and ability.)