MECHANICAL JOINT INTEGRITY HAND TORQUE BOLTED CONNECTION TECHNIQUES MJI 10
To focus delegates on Mechanical Joint Integrity and the adoption of best practice in ensuring a leak-free ‘right first time’ joint using hand torque bolted connection techniques.
Basic working knowledge of the principles and practice of piping/flanged systems.
Lecture notes, audio/visual presentations, examples of tools, flanges, gaskets, bolts and interactive practical demonstrations.
Practical exercises and a written test.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive an ECITB Certificate in Mechanical Joint Integrity Hand Torque Bolted Connection Techniques (MJI 10).
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of Hand Torque Bolted Connection Techniques, delegates will be able to:
- Explain how to ensure intended task confirms to intended specifications, methods, process, techniques and procedures
- Dismantle hand torque bolted connection systems
- Remove components from hand torque bolted connection systems
- Replace components in hand torque bolted connection systems
- Assemble and secure hand torque bolted connections
- Verify the integrity of the assembled joint
- Health and Safety in Bolted Assembly/Disassembly
- Principles of Bolting
- Principles of Flanges
- Principles of Mechanical Seals
- Principles of Torque Tightening
- Alternatives to torque
- Flange joint assembly techniques
- Bolted joint assembly using Manual Torque Equipment
- Principles of Hub and Clamp Pipe Connections