MACHINE SAFETY INTRODUCTION TO THE SAFE USE OF WORK EQUIPMENT & THE SAFE USE OF LIFTING EQUIPMENT
To give delegates an introduction to the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER), the Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulation 1998 (LOLER), the Health and Safety at Work Act (HASWA) and an understanding of risk assessments.
Lecture notes and audio/visual presentation.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a NETA certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand when PUWER, HASWA and MHSWR apply
- Understand the best practice of record keeping
- Understand who ‘Competent Persons’ are
- Organise a Lift Operation
- Introduction to Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- To what and whom PUWER applies
- Other relevant legislation and its application
- Information instructional training
- Dangerous parts
- Record keeping
- Approved Codes of Practice and guidance
- Introduction to Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulation 1998 (LOLER)
- To what and whom LOLER applies
- Competent persons
- Organising of Lifting Operations
- Risk Assessment