PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) REGULATIONS 1992
To allow delegates to gain a greater understanding of relevant legislation, as well as suitability of personal protective equipment.
An understanding of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 would be an advantage.
Lecture notes and audio-visual presentation and course handouts.
Written and practical assessment.
On successful completion of the course delegate will receive a NETA certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On completion of the course delegates will be aware of:
- HASWA 1974 and other relevant legislation
- PPE as a ‘last resort’
- Provision, maintenance and replacement
- Quality and compatibility of PPE
- Assessment and selection
- Storage, information, instruction and training
- Types of protection:
- Hand and Respiratory
- Employers Duties (Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations)
- Employees Duties (Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations)
- PPE as a Control Measure
- Providing PPE
- Ergonomic and Other Factors
- Quality of PPE
- Compatibility of Equipment
- Selection and Suitability (Hierarchy of Controls)
- Maintenance and Replacement of PPE
- Accommodation and Storage for PPE
- Information, Instruction and Training
- Reporting Loss and Defect
- Types of Protection: