CONFINED SPACE ENTRY (AWARENESS ONLY)
The aim of the course is to teach delegates the correct and safe methods of Confined Space Entry. The course is theory based only.
A basic understanding of health and safety.
Lecture notes and audio/visual presentation.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a NETA certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
At the end of the training course, delegates will have:
- An appreciation of the Confined Space Regulation 1997 and supporting ACOP L101
- A greater understanding of both employer and employee responsibilities
- An understanding of how to apply their new learning into their future work activities, via the personal risk assessment approach. Therefore significantly reducing potential injury to themselves and others.
- Familiarisation with Europod “A” frame and winch.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Management of Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations
- Confined Space Regulations
- The definition of confined spaces and range of hazards
- Hazards of the space and of the work
- Need for Risk Assessment
- What to consider in risk assessments
- Precautions and derivation of safe system of work
- Permit to Work procedure
- Method statements
- Hazardous atmospheres
- Monitoring of gases
- Work equipment safety
- Emergencies and planning
- Rescue equipment
- Escape equipment
- Standby man duties
- Need for first aid and resuscitation training
- Theoretical appreciation of both confined spaces and use of tripod and harness
- Review and discussion
- End of course assessment