THE AWARENESS AND MANAGEMENT OF ASBESTOS
The course equips delegates with the knowledge to assist in ensuring the Health and Safety of maintenance workers and others who may encounter asbestos in the workplace.
Lecture notes and audio visual presentation.
On successful completion of this course the delegate will receive a NETA certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of the course delegates will:
- Be aware of the health and safety issues associated with asbestos
- Have the knowledge to ensure the Health and Safety of workers and others who may encounter asbestos in the workplace.
This course is NOT intended to equip delegates with the specialist knowledge needed to perform type 2 and 3 surveys, or conduct the removal of items such as asbestos insulation, asbestos insulating board and asbestos coatings. This work is governed by strict regulations for which specialist licenses and other recognised accreditations are required.
- What is asbestos?
- Health concerns
- Historical overview
- Who is at risk?
- Asbestos uses
- Where is asbestos found in buildings?
Management Duty and Law
- HASAWA 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Management of Asbestos in non-domestic premises – regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
Safe Working Practices and Safe Systems of Work
Five Stages of Asbestos Management
- Looking for asbestos
- Material, priority algorithms assessment
- Deciding if there is a problem
- Deciding what action needs to be taken
- Recording your findings and taking action
- Reviewing your assessment
Outline Arrangements for Safe Working
- Control measures and protective equipment