ECITB CCNSG “Leading a Team Safely” (LATS)
The CCNSG “Leading a Team Safely” course is designed to build on the health, safety, welfare and environmental awareness already gained from the Operatives/Renewal courses and increase the operatives knowledge in order to effectively carry out a Supervisory/Team Leader role efficiently, effectively and safely.
Delegates must hold a valid CCNSG Operatives card to attend the LATS.
Lecture notes and audio/visual presentation.
Multiple choice test.
Upon successful completion of the course ECITB will issue a laminated CCNSG card directly to the delegate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
Upon completion of this training course delegates will:
- Know how to communicate successfully
- Know how to lead a team successfully
- Know how to achieve safe outcomes
- Understand self-management and how to work safely with others
This course will cover the following four elements:
- What makes a successful team
- Leadership qualities
- Leadership styles
- Leadership behaviour
- Plan elements
- The communication highway
- Message and meaning
- Brain function basics
- The plan – essential elements
- Selecting the right people with the right skills
- Selecting the right job with the right tools
- Being at the right place at the right time
- Work instructions, risk assessment and method statement
- The work plan
- Pre-start briefing
- The Mill Incident (Case study)
- Objectivity v subjectivity
- Control systems
- Expert advice
- Supervision and monitoring
- Communication barriers
- Interruptions on the job
- What makes a good job
- Ways of listening
- Do you have what it takes?