CONFINED SPACE ENTRY (AWARENESS/ESCAPE)
To teach delegates the correct and safe methods of Confined Space Entry.
Delegates must be physically fit and have a basic understanding of Health and Safety.
Delegates will receive a NETA certificate on successful completion of the course.
Personal Protective Equipment
Delegates will need to bring their own safety helmet, overalls, work gloves, safety glasses and safety boots.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
At the end of the training course, delegates will have:
- An appreciation of the Confined Space Regulation 1997 and supporting ACOP L101
- A greater understanding of both employer and employee responsibilities
- An understanding of how to apply their new learning into their future work activities, via the personal risk assessment approach. Therefore significantly reducing potential injury to themselves and others.
- Familiarisation with Europod “A” frame and winch.
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Management of Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations
- Confined Space Regulations
- Examples of Confined Spaces and range of hazards
- Hazards of the space and of the work
- Need for risk assessment
- What to consider in risk assessments
- Precautions and derivation of safe system of work
- Permit to Work procedures
- Method statements
- Hazardous atmospheres
- Monitoring of gases
- Work equipment safety
- Emergencies and planning
- Review of planning and emergencies
- Rescue equipment
- Escape equipment
- Standby man duties
- Need for first aid and resuscitation training
- Practical appreciation of a confined space
- Use of tripod and harness for rescue
- Review and discussion
- End of course assessment
As there is a measure of physical exertion in the afternoon session, it is the responsibility of the sponsoring company to ensure that their delegates are physically fit enough to undertake/ participate in the exercises.