ADULT MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
A mixture of group activities, presentations and discussions. All attendees will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a RSPH accredited certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
A practical skills and awareness course designed to give delegates:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to seek appropriate support
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder