To provide operatives with the knowledge and understanding of the water supply and fittings regulations to help them achieve the practical compliance required.
Candidates should ideally have had previous work experience in trades associated with the construction industry before they can undertake this assessment.
1 day (½ day training and ½ day assessment).
Handouts and audio visual presentation.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a NETA Water Regulation Certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in the following:
- Become familiar with Water Regulations 1999
- Understand and recognise their role in preventing:
- Undue Consumption
- Erroneous Measurement
- Practical compliance
- Awareness of primary legislation
- Understand the meaning of documents:
- The regulators’ specification on the prevention of backflow
- The WRAS Water Regulations Guide
- Introduction, background and legislation
- The Water Regulations
- Materials and substances in contact with water
- Requirements for water fittings
- Water system design and installation
- Prevention of cross connection to unwholesome water
- Backflow prevention
- Cold water services
- Hot water services
- WC flushing devices and urinals