To provide installers and service engineers with sufficient knowledge to install or upgrade heating systems that complies with latest requirements for energy efficiency.
Should be experienced heating engineers who need to expand their knowledge of statutory energy efficiency requirements.
Duration of this course is 1 days (½ day training and ½ day assessment).
Course notes, audio visual presentation and domestic building services guide.
Written test as per scheme requirements.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive Energy Efficiency Certification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Efficiency requirements for gas appliances
- Efficiency requirements for oil appliances
- Heating system controls
- How water cylinder specifications
- Flushing, cleaning and protection of heating systems
- Pipe insulation standards
- Pump labeling requirements
- The energy performance of buildings
- UK Building Regulations
- Recommended efficiencies e.g. heating appliances
- Control arrangements
- System requirements
- Exceptional circumstances
- Insulation of pipework
- Cylinder and coil sizing
- Motorised valves
- Domestic heating system circulators
- Flue terminal positions
- Heat loss and calculation of heat loss
- Boiler sizing
- The effect of improving efficiency