To provide operatives with knowledge and skill relating to the installation, exchange, removal and commissioning of gas meters.
Candidates must hold a current certificate of competence in Core Domestic Gas Safety before they can undertake the meter assessment.
1 day (½ day training and ½ day assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and models.
Written and practical test in line with ACS scheme requirements.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive MET:1 Gas Meters certification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Meter installation, removal and exchange
- Checking/ setting meter regulation
- Emergency notices and warning labels
- Sealing of regulators and emergency control valves
- Fitting, testing and commissioning of medium pressure regulators and valves (Pressures greater than 75 millibar)
- Gas safety regulations, British Standards and manufacturers
- Installation requirements, suitable positions, suitable connections
- Labels and notices
- Meter regulators, operation and checking
- Tightness testing and purging