Domestic Core CCN:1 Re-Assessment
Candidates will undertake training to update /refresh their knowledge relating to the safety regulations, procedures and British Standards required when working on gas installations.
Entrants must have a CCN:1 and domestic appliance qualification that has not expired by more than 1 year.
5 days (2½ days training and 2½ days assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and models.
Written and practical test in line with ACS scheme requirements.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive CCN:1 Core Gas Safety plus any additional appliance assessments completed.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Characteristics of combustion, CO detectors and combustion performance analysis
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Tightness testing / purging
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators
- Identifications of unsafe situations
- The operation of and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves
- Emergency notices and warning labels
- Checking and setting appliance burner pressures and gas rates
- The operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices
- Flueing/Chimney Standards
- Flue/Chimney Testing
- Installation of Open, Balanced and Fan Assisted Flue/Chimney Assemblies
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Relight Appliances
- Gas safety regulations, British Standards and manufacturer’s instructions
- Emergency actions, procedures, labels and warning notices
- Unsafe situations, landlord checks and related documentation
- Combustion, gas rates, burner / installation pressures
- CO detectors, combustion performance analysis.
- Tightness testing, purging and relighting appliances
- Pipework and fittings
- Operation of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Flueing / chimney standards, installation and testing
- Installation requirements, suitable positions, suitable connections
- Operation of Safety components and controls
- Appliance servicing
- Recognition of appliance defects
- Appliance commissioning checks