Domestic Core CCN:1 Initial
To provide operatives with knowledge and skills relating to safety regulations, procedures and British Standards which must be applied when working on gas installations.
Entrants must be from Category 1 or 2 with relevant qualifications. The Core Domestic Gas Safety Course / assessment is in itself a pre-requisite for all the other gas assessments.
8 days (5 days training and 3 days assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation, a range of domestic gas appliances and models.
Written and practical test in line with ACS scheme requirements.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive CCN:1 Core Gas Safety.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Characteristics of combustion, CO detectors and combustion performance analysis
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Tightness testing and purging
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators
- Identifications of unsafe situations
- The operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves
- Emergency notices and warning labels
- Checking and setting appliance burner pressures and gas rates
- The operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Flueing / chimney standards
- Flue / chimney testing
- Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted flue / chimney assemblies
- Re-establish existing gas supply and relight appliances
- Gas safety regulations, British Standards and manufacturer’s instructions
- Emergency actions, procedures, labels and warning notices
- Unsafe situations, landlord checks and related documentation
- Combustion, gas rates, burner / installation pressures
- CO Detectors, combustion performance analysis
- Tightness testing, purging and relighting appliances
- Pipework and fittings
- Operation of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Flueing /chimney standards, installation and testing