CENWAT:1 CENTRAL HEATING BOILERS & WATER HEATERS
To provide operatives with knowledge and skill relating to installation, exchange, disconnection, service and repair of domestic central heating boilers and water heaters.
Candidates must hold a current certificate of competence in Core Domestic Gas Safety and CPA1 before they can undertake this assessment.
1 day (½ day training and ½ day assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and models.
Written and practical test in line with ACS accreditation scheme.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive CENWAT:1 Central Heating Boiler and Water Heating certification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Checking and installing flueless, open and room sealed flue/chimney systems.
- Installing domestic central heating appliances.
- Installing domestic water heating appliances.
- Commissioning domestic central heating appliances
- Commissioning domestic water heating appliances.
- Servicing and identifying faults on domestic central heating and water heating type appliances.
- Gas safety regulations, British Standards and manufacturer’s instructions
- Installation requirements, suitable positions, suitable connections
- Operation of safety components and controls
- Appliance servicing
- Recognition of appliance defects
- Ventilation requirements
- Flue testing and terminal positions
- Appliance commissioning checks