Carbon Monoxide-Dioxide Testing (CMDDA:1)
To provide operatives with the knowledge and skills relating to identifying and managing sources of fumes, smells, spillage of products of combustion and carbon monoxide, alarm activation and CPA:1 Combustion Performance Analysis the installation, exchange, disconnection services and repair of domestic laundry appliances.
Candidates must hold a certificate of competence in Core Gas Safety assessment before they can undertake this assessment.
2 days (1 day training and 1 day assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and flue gas analyzer equipment.
The learner will be assessed by a written and practical test in line with ACS scheme requirements.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive CMDDA:1 Carbon Monoxide / Dioxide in Domestic Appliances and Atmospheric Testing.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Understand the requirements of relevant legislation and British Standards.
- Identifying and managing sources of fumes, smells, spillage of products of combustion.
- Identifying the course of activation of Carbon Monoxide detectors.
- Identifying suitable equipment /instruments and taking measurements of CO/CO2 in the atmosphere.
- Identifying suitable instruments and carry out combustion performance tests on all types of domestic appliances.
- Completing relevant documentation
- Gas safety regulations and relevant British Standards.
- Instructions on use of suitable instrumentation/equipment.
- Suitable CO detectors and correct locations.
- Carrying out an investigation.
- Carry out appliance combustion performance tests.
- Completion of relevant recording documentation.