Core Gas Safety Limited Scope (COCN:1LS)
To provide operatives with knowledge and skills relating to safety regulations, procedures and British Standards which must be applied when working on commercial gas pipework installations.
There is no pre requisite for this limited scope core commercial assessment.
2 days (1 day training and 1 day assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and models.
Written and practical test in line with ACS accreditation.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive COCN;1 PILS qualification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas emergency action procedure
- Installation of pipework and fittings (up to and including 35mm diameter)
- Identification of unsafe situation
- The operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves
- Gas safety regulations, British Standards and manufacturer’s instructions
- Emergency actions, procedures, labels and warning notices
- Unsafe situations and related documentation
- Pipework and fittings