Commercial Core COCN:1 Initial
To provide operatives with knowledge and skills relating to safety regulations, procedures and British Standards which must be applied when working on gas installations.
Entrants must be from Category 1 or 2 with relevant qualifications. The Core Commercial Gas Safety is in itself a pre-requisite for all the other gas assessments.
5 days (3 days training and 2 days assessment).
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation and a range of domestic gas appliances and models.
Written and practical test in line with ACS accreditation.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive COCN:1 Commercial Core Gas Safety qualification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate competence in relation to:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Characteristics of combustion and the use of Flue Gas Analysis Equipment
- Commercial ventilation
- Installation of pipework and fittings (up to and including 28mm in size)
- Checking and/or setting Commercial Supply Meter Regulators
- Identifications of unsafe situations
- The operation of and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves
- Emergency notices and warning labels
- Checking and setting commercial appliance burner pressures and gas rates
- The operation and checking of appliance Gas Safety devices and controls
- Commercial flueing standards
- Re-establish existing gas supply and relight commercial appliances
- Gas safety regulations, British Standards and manufacturer’s instructions
- Emergency actions, procedures, labels and warning notices
- Unsafe situations and related documentation
- Combustion, gas rates, burner/ installation pressures, combustion analysis
- Pipework and fittings
- Operation of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Flueing standards for commercial installations