SAFE ISOLATION COURSE
Be able to isolate and de-isolate specific items of electrical equipment correctly and safely.
Course notes, audio visual presentation and practical exercises.
Questionnaire and on-site assessment
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a NETA certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, delegates will:
- Understand the hazards of electricity (shock, burns etc.)
- Be aware of the legislation and regulations applicable to electrical work.
- Recognise what a conforming and non-conforming isolator is.
- Understand what to do if isolation equipment is non-conforming
- Recognise potential electrical hazards that may be encountered during electrical isolation and de-isolation.
- Effects of Electric Shock
- Background to regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1992
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Conforming and Non-Conforming Isolators
- Castell Locks
- Safe Isolation and De-Isolation
- Potential Hazards