COMPEX HAZARDOUS AREAS COMBUSTIBLE DUSTS
To provide training and assessment of competence for electrical and instrument personnel for work on electrical apparatus for use in potentially explosive atmospheres containing combustible dust.
Delegates must have a recognised Electrical or Instrument background with practical experience of flammable atmosphere installations.
If in any doubt whatsoever that you do not satisfy the pre requisite criteria please place a query with the sales team prior to booking. By booking you are stating that you meet the pre requisites. If on the course, it is discovered that you do not meet the pre-requisites your certificate will carry the following statement:
“This person has not had their electrical craftsperson status or certification verified and completion of these units does not infer electrical competence”.
3 days (Duration may be reduced to 2 days at the discretion of the Department Coordinator).
Lecture notes, audio-visual presentation, demonstrations and practical exercises.
Each unit requires the delegate to complete a competence validation test consisting of a multi-choice paper and practical assessment on an installation simulator.
On successful completion of the course and competence validation tests, delegates will be awarded a certificate of competency from JTL. In the instance of failure of any component of the competence validation tests, a letter of failure will be issued and a resit will need to be booked. Please note all results can take up to 8 weeks to be issued by JTL to NETA after course completion and are not available prior to issue.
Please note: The CompEx Certificate of Core Competence is valid for 5 years from the date of issue and must be refreshed before expiry. JTL recommend that delegates attend the refresher at least 3 months prior to expiry to avoid a gap in certification.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of the course the delegates will have an understanding of:
- EX05 – Preparation and Installation of Electrical Apparatus Protected by Enclosure for use in the Presence of Combustible Dusts.
- EX06 – Inspection and Maintenance of Electrical Apparatus Protected by Enclosure for use in the Presence of Combustible Dusts.
- Legislation, directives and standards relevant to dusts
- Hazardous areas defined
- Dust definitions
- Ignition considerations
- Area classification
- Protective measures against combustible dusts
- The selection and use of electrical apparatus in the dust environment
- Certified apparatus in detail
- Identification and labeling
- Wiring systems and glanding
- Earthing and bonding
- Installation, maintenance, inspection and testing