ACHIEVEMENT MEASUREMENT 2 (AM2)
AM2 is the electro-technical industry standard assessment for occupational competence. It demonstrates that they have the necessary level of competence expected by industry.
Electro-technical industry experience
3 practical and 1 online multi-choice exam
Awarding Body N.E.T
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
Delegates will be expected to install, terminate, connect, inspect, test, commission and diagnose faults in accordance with the installation specification and relevant statutory and non-statutory regulations on the following:
- Lighting and power circuits
- A 3-phase distribution board and sub-circuit
- A central heating / sustainable energy system
- A safety services circuit and device
- A data-cabling system
The assessment is in four sections:
- Section A – Composite Installation
- Section B – Inspection and testing of the completed composite installation
- Section C – Fault diagnosis and correction
- Section D – Assessment of applied knowledge
For further guidance please go to the N.E.T website (www.netservices.org.uk) or obtain the information booklet.
Prior to taking the AM2 assessments candidates will be expected to have carried out a self-assessment exercise to ascertain whether or not they are ready to take the assessments.
The self-assessment document is in the form of a checklist, related to areas of competence against which they are to be carried out. This document is available on the N.E.T website under Assessments, AM2, Candidate Guidance.