2391-52 – INITIAL & PERIODIC INSPECTION & TESTING OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS
To enable practicing electricians to understand the principles, practices and legislation for the initial and periodic inspection, condition reporting and certification of electrical installations.
- Delegates must be over the age of 18.
- Delegates should hold a BS 7671 2008 (2015) Wiring Regulations qualification.
- Delegates should hold at least a C&G 2392 qualification, or equivalent.
- You should be a working electrician or technician and have experience in Inspection and Testing.
- The course is not designed to train a person from scratch, so a previous 2394 and 2395 qualifications would be an advantage.
- Delegates will be required to provide copies of any Inspection and Testing certificates and candidates must produce photographic ID (e.g. passport driving license) on the first day of the course.
5 days. A one day practical assessment will be arranged at a convenient time the on reaching the required standard of the On-line assessment.
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation, BS7671, GN3, On Site Guide, practical exercises and use of test equipment. The completion of BS 7671 2008 (2015) forms and certificates.
One 60 question on line evolve multi choice on line test taken at the end of the 5 day training course. This is an open book assessment; the assessment has to be achieved before progressing on to the practical units.
Practical Assessments at a time to be arranged will consist of:
- A visual inspect assessment
- An Initial testing and completion of BS 7671 forms for the electrical installation.
- An electrical condition report of an electrical installation.
- A short written question paper, closed book.
On successful completion of all 5 sections of the assessments, the delegate will receive a City and Guilds certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On completion of this training course each delegate will be able to:
- Understand the inspection, testing and certification requirements to meet BS 7671 2008(2015) ‘The Wiring Regulations’ for both the ‘Initial and Electrical Condition Reports’
- Successfully carry out both sets of practical assessments and examinations as required by City and Guilds to obtain the 2391-052 qualification
- Single and three phase installations
- Safe Isolation
- Requirements for the inspection, testing and reporting of an Initial Electrical Installation
- Requirements for the inspection, testing and reporting for an Electrical Condition Report
- Difference between Initial and Condition reporting
- Safe testing of circuits before being energised
- Completion of documentation
- Understand and interpret test results.
- Carry out inspection of electrical installations