INSTRUMENT SKILLS APPRECIATION IN PROCESS INSTRUMENT INSTALLATION
To provide a basic understanding and practical experience of instrument installation techniques for the process industry.
A process or engineering background.
Audio visual presentation, demonstration, lecture notes, practical exercises, large and small plant simulation.
Each course participant may, if required, complete a series of practical tests to determine achievement of objectives.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a NETA certificate. The certificate will be sent directly to the delegate or their sponsor company.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the need for instrumentation and what it achieves in relation to the process
- Understand and recognize British Standard instrument symbols as applied to Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID) and produce a P&ID for a simple process installation
- Appreciate how to measure and control process pressures, levels, flows and temperatures on a ‘live’ plant
- Appreciate the ‘control loop’ and what it consists of in relation to the process and instrumentation
- Understand different types of fittings and pipe work used and their maximum working pressure
- Form and install stainless steel, copper and polythene tubing using correct fittings and support systems for a process instrument installation
- Correctly install a liquid pressure system correcting for any ‘head’ errors and commission the system
- Successfully complete an installation project from planning to commissioning on the training plant
- Process measurement
- Measurement and control loops on plant
- Pressure, level flow and temperature systems
Instrument Drawing Standards
- Instrument symbols
- Reading process and instrument diagrams (P&ID)
- Produce a simple P&ID to correct standards
- Instrument fittings, making off and maximum working pressures
- Pipework – selection, construction and making off procedures
- Use of cable tray and support systems for pipelines and cables
- Produce and fit clips and brackets for support system
- Install liquid pressure installation and commission
- Carry out installation project on training plant