INSTRUMENT SKILLS APPRECIATION IN PROCESS CONTROL
To enhance the skills and knowledge of staff with regard to process instrument control.
This course is designed for staff with a process or engineering background or instrument staff required to update their skills.
Lecture notes, audio visual presentations, models and large plant simulator.
Each course participant may, if required, complete a series of tests to determine achievement of objectives.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a NETA certificate. The certificate will be sent directly to the delegate or their sponsor company.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the need to measure and control pressure, level, flow and temperature in the process industry to include all safety issues
- Understand the need to transmit representative signals of the process medium
- Understand control valve selection, operation and operation and overhaul to meet plant operation and safety requirements
- Understand and demonstrate the use of automatic control in relation to 2 step through to 3 term control
- Understand the principles of DCS systems including configuration of a measurement and control loop
- Pneumatic transmission
- Electronic transmission
Control Valves and Positioners
- Types of control valves
- Set up activators
- Overhaul control valves
- Align and calibrate valve positioners
Basic Automatic Control
- Automatic control principles
- Types of control
- Check controller operation
- Configure electronic analogue controller
- Optimize a 3-term controller
Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Appreciation of DCS
- Levels of access
- DCS control of plant simulator