LEVEL 3 AWARD IN THE IN-SERVICE INSPECTION & TESTING OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT (PAT) CITY & GUILDS 2377-22
To ensure those undertaking practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment learn, develop and practice the skills required to test Portable Electrical Appliances with the Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment.
Candidates should be familiar with electrical systems & hazards of electricity.
Lecture notes, audio-visual presentation, demonstrations, test equipment, Codes of Practice and practical exercises.
Delegates can undertake the City & Guilds 2377 assessment if they wish.
The Assessment consists of one practical test and one on-line multiple-choice test.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a City and Guilds certificate. The certificate will be sent directly to the delegate or their sponsor company.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to the management of electrical equipment maintenance
- Understand the electrical units of measurement associated with in-services inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand how equipment construction and classification reduces the risk of electric shock
- Understand the procedures for the in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand how to carry out combined inspection and testing
- Understand the information contained in documentation for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Inspect and test items of electrical equipment
After successful completion of this course further on-site training with an experienced PAT operative will be required to achieve competence.
Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Statutory and non-statutory regulations in relation to maintenance of electrical
- Scope of the Code of Practice
Electrical Systems – Safety / Measurements
- Methods of protection from electric shock
- Units of measurement
Equipment and Construction
- Types of electrical equipment
- Equipment construction types
Procedures for In-Services Inspection and Testing
- Types of in-service inspection and testing
- Factors determining the initial frequency of inspecting and testing
- Initial frequencies of inspecting and testing
- Consideration when carrying out a formal visual inspection
Combined Inspection and Testing
- Factors to be taken into account within visual inspection
- Purpose of testing and suitability
- Range of test instruments and standards
- How to carryout testing
- Interpret results from testing
Documentation and Recording
- Purpose of in-service inspection and testing documentation
- Action to be taken with damaged or faulty equipment
- Why records of inspection and testing should be recorded and kept
- Inspection and test types of hand held or portable electrical equipment to current industry standards
- Complete appropriate documentation
- Complete on-line multiple-choice test