LEVEL 3 AWARD IN THE PERIODIC INSPECTION, TESTING & CERTIFICATION OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS CITY & GUILDS 2395 -01
To enable practicing electricians to understand the principles, practices and legislation for periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations.
Craft, technician or engineering level experience in electrical inspection and testing. Ideally delegates should have completed the BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations course.
5 days and 1 evening for the written examination.
Lecture notes and audio visual presentation, Guidance Note 3, practical exercises and test equipment.
- One online multiple choice test
- One written test
- One assignment consisting of 2 tasks
- Visual inspection
- Periodic inspection and test
On successful completion of the tests and assessments delegates will receive a City & Guilds certificate. The certificate will be sent directly to the delegate or their company sponsor.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the inspection, testing and certification requirements to meet BS7671, the IEE Wiring Regulations for periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations
- Successfully carry out the practical assessment and examinations as required by City & Guilds, to obtain the 2395 qualification
- Safe Isolation
- Requirements for the inspection, testing and reporting of the condition of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installation
- Differences between periodic inspection and initial verification
- Safe testing of electrical installations which have been in service
- Testing before circuits are energised
- Testing energised installations
- Understand and interpret test results
- Completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- Confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection and testing
- Carry out inspection of electrical installation
- Test electrical installations in service
- Produce a condition report with recorded observations and classifications
City & Guilds 2395 Examinations
- Multiple choice – not open book – time allowed 80 minutes. Taken at the end of the course
- Written exam – not open book – time allowed 1.5 hours date and time set by City & Guilds on an evening at a date after the completion of the course