LEVEL 3 AWARD IN THE INITIAL VERIFICATION & CERTIFICATION OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS CITY & GUILDS 2394-01
To enable practicing electricians to understand the principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations.
Craft, technician or engineering level experience in electrical inspection and testing. Ideally delegates should have completed the BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations course.
4 days and 1 evening for the written examination.
Lecture notes and audio visual presentation. Guidance Note 3, practical exercises and test equipment.
- One online multiple choice test
- One written test
- One assignment consisting of 4 tasks:
- Visual Inspection
- Insulation resistance testing
- Live earth fault loop impedance testing
- Carry out full initial verification of an electrical installation
On successful completion of the tests and assessments delegates will receive a City & Guilds certificate. The certificate will be forwarded to the delegate or to their sponsor company.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the inspection, testing and certification requirements to meet BS7671, the IEE Wiring Regulations for the initial verification and certification of electrical installations
- Successfully carry out the practical assessment and examinations as required by City & Guilds to obtain the 2394 qualification
- Safe isolation
- Initial Verification of electrical installation
- Inspection of installation prior to being placed in service
- Safe testing and commissioning of installation
- Testing before circuits are energised
- Testing energised installations
- Completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commission electro-technical systems and equipment
City & Guilds 2394 Examinations
- Multiple Choice – not open book – time allowed 80minutes. Taken at the end of the course
- Written Exam – not open book – time allowed 1.5 hours. Date and time set by City & Guilds on an evening at a date after the completion of the course