18TH EDITION WIRING REGULATIONS (BS 7671-2018) CITY & GUILDS 2382-18
To provide a working knowledge of the 18th edition IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671 – 2018.
There is no formal entry requirements for this course, but delegates attending the course should have knowledge of electrical installation and electrical science.
The course is primarily aimed at practicing electricians and domestic installers; however, the course is also very popular with allied professionals such as contract managers, electrical engineers, designers, consultants, surveyors and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of the IET Wiring Regulations. All delegates attending the course must be over 18 years old.
Lecture notes, audio visual presentation, BS7671: 2018 and the onsite guide.
A two hour open book 60 question Evolve on-line examination, undertaken on the last day of the course.
Delegates sitting the on-line examination must produce photographic ID on the first day of the course.
On successful completion of the on-line examination delegates will receive a City & Guild Level 3 Certificate in the ‘Requirements for Electrical Installations (BS7671: 2018)’.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
On completion of this training course each delegate should be capable of:
- Understanding the requirements of the Regulations and how to navigate the BS7671: 2018
- Checking requirements for a standard installation
- Completing a 60 question open book Evolve on-line examination.
- Scope, objectives and fundamental principles.
- Definitions including new terminology.
- Assessment of general characteristics.
Protection for safety, including:
- Protection against electric shock
- Protection against thermal effects
- Overcurrent protection
- Protection against voltage disturbances and electromagnetic disturbances
Selection and erection of equipment including:
- Common rules
- Selection and erection of wiring systems
- Earthing arrangements and protective conductors
- Isolation and switching
- Other equipment
- Safety services
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations