Electrical – Level 3
An Electrician is responsible for installing/repairing and maintaining a range of electrical equipment in a variety of installations and industries from houses, offices and canteens to multi-million pound power generation, chemical, food processing and steel companies.
What Will Be Covered:
- Health and Safety
- Basic electrical skills
- Safe use of tools
- Underpinning knowledge of: Electricity, Electrical Safety, Basic Installation Techniques including Trunking, Conduit, Traywork, Steel Wire Armoured Cable
- Distribution Systems including Single Phase and 3 Phase
- Domestic Installation of Switches, Sockets and Lights
- Electrical Machinery and Control Systems including DOL and Star Delta
- The need for and practice of, Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment and Systems, Safe Isolation, Single and 3 phase Electrical Motors.
Electrician (Domestic), Electrician (HV), Designer, Estimator, Planner.
3 GCSE’s, A-C including Maths, English & ICT.
If you do not hold the relevant GCSE’s you will need to complete the Functional Skills qualifications as part of your apprenticeship. You will also cover topics relating to Employer Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning, Thinking Skills.
Location and Assess Or Frequency:
1st year of the apprenticeship will be off-the-job and based within NETA’s training Centre. The remaining duration of the programme will be based on-site within the workplace and you will be visited by a Competent Assessor.